Thaumaturgy is the school of magic where many "miscellaneous" or high-concept spells may be found. These spells are nonetheless useful, and in some cases, very nearly necessary for survival.
Notable spells are as follows:
- Communion Slave and Master, which are a pair of spells that, if used properly, can turn the tide of a battle, a war, a game and more information can be found here;
- Mind Burn, a spell necessary to use Mind Hunt;
- Augury, Auspex, Harusepx and Gnome Lore, which search a province for fire, air, nature or earth sites respectively;
- Gift of Reason, which promotes a normal unit to a commander, which is necessary for a Tartarian strategy;
- Soul Slay, which is a spell that has the potential to cause 999 damage, and can be used with Mind Hunt;
- Burden of Time, a global enchantment that causes the entire world to suffer from old age;
- Foul Air, a global enchantment that causes a disease in any unit that is wounded while it is in effect, and;
- Gale Gate, a global enchantment that produces a large amount of air gems.